INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY, REDUCE OPERATING COSTS
Document management, often referred to as Document Management Systems (DMS), is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner. It is how your organization stores, manages, and tracks its electronic documents.
Document management is one of the foundation technologies to content management. It provides some of the most basic functionality to content management, imposing controls and management capabilities onto passive documents. Some of the key features in document management include:
- Check-in/check-out and locking, to coordinate the simultaneous editing of a document, so one users’ changes don’t overwrite another’s
- Version control, so tabs can be kept on how the current document came to be and how it differs from the versions that came before
- Roll-back, to “activate” a prior version in case of an error or premature release
- Audit trail, to permit the reconstruction of who did what to a document during the course of its life in the system
- Annotation and Stamps,
Document management systems today range in size and scope from small, standalone systems to large scale enterprise-wide configurations serving a global audience. Many document management systems provide a means to incorporate standard physical document filing practices electronically. These include:
- Storage location
- Security and access control
- Version control
- Audit trails
- Check-in/check-out and document lockdown.
At FOXMINDS, we offer the latest solutions in document management systems that are tailored to your company size and data structure in the aim of empowering your daily operations and providing an additional layer of security to your company’ content.